If you deal with academic assignments such as essays, papers or course works, you will also have to make a list of references. You probably know that your general grade doesn’t depend on just the quality of your paper. Your attention to details is also evaluated, and if you wish to have an excellent grade, you should know the importance of attributing the original authors.
The main theme of this review is to find out how to cite a movie in text. Sometimes, you also need to cite different movies in your essays. For that reason, you need to find out how to do this correctly.
In very deed, there are two common styles of citation – MLA, and APA (both of them are widely used in a scholarly setting).
The Movie Citation in the MLA style
So, how to cite a movie MLA? This is a number-one question for every student who is asked to use this formatting style. We have prepared a short guideline which will help you organize your thoughts and cite your sources (including movies) correctly.
If you used one or another film in your paper or essay, you should cite it in the following way:
- Begin citing with the full movie name (in italics).
- Indicate the name of the director (start with the word “Dir” and continue writing the full name of the main director of this movie).
- It is high time to indicate the main performers (begin with the word “Perf.” and then you should create a list of all performers).
- Indicate the full name of the movie distributor.
- Write down the production year.
- Complete the list with the words “Film” or “DVD.”
Completing all these steps, you will cite the film you used in your essay.
How to Cite a Movie in APA?
Sometimes, your teacher may ask you to use this formatting style. We can’t recommend you which formatting style is better because it is contingent on your higher educational establishment. For that reason, you should clarify this information before you start doing this work.
If you wonder how to cite a movie APA, you need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Always start with the name of the producer. You should just enumerate the names of the producers, but the word “Producers” should be used in parenthesis.
- After “Producers” you should add the name of the director (add “&” and list all directors. Again, the word “Directors” should be used in parenthesis).
- Add the production year.
- It is high time to add the title of the movie (in italics). After that, it is necessary to indicate the medium (in brackets).
- Write down information about the place where the film was shot. It is not allowed to abbreviate the name of this country.
- Complete writing with the publisher’s name.
In very deed, you should always pay attention to all resources and indicate them correctly. If you ignore this aspect, you’ll be accused of plagiarism. That is why you should be very attentive writing essays and always cite all sources you used in your paper.
Who Can Help Me to Cite Resources?
If writing essays or papers is not your favorite task or you simply can’t express your thoughts in a written form, you can employ professional movie review writing services of EssayVikings.com – a professional custom writing agency, specializing in writing different kinds of papers. Their writers will definitely help you with your assignment and cite all necessary resources correctly.
When asking for the assistance of experienced writers, you will be sure that your papers are in the hands of experts and will be submitted on time! Besides, you won’t care about the aspects of plagiarism, format or structure – experienced and professional writers will meet your requirements!